CouesWhitetail

New Hunting Opportunity in Mexico!

No what I ment was by the time you add in the extra days and the 1200 trophy fee it's almost a $500 more . $ 3500 for 5 days a El Halcon.

$ 2500 hunt

$1200 fee

$ 300 exrta per day

$4000 plus more air fare ect.

Maybe I'm wrong

Blaserman,

If you check El Halcon's website they say their hunts for Coues deer are $3950.

But I don't see the point in debating which outfitters charge what. The point of this thread is to find out about a new ranch in Mexico. There are many others, of course, and some of them advertise on this site. I recommend everyone check out the supporters of this website when you want to hunt in Mexico. Each outfitter offers different things. El Durango ranch offers something others don't. A chance to hunt on an unhunted ranch and also some 5-star service and accomodations.

Amanda

I want to clarify a few things about El Durangue?o:

1) its large and diverse terrain gives hunters the option to hike around the ranch, glass for whitetail and use tree stands.

2) It has never (and will never) use feeders to attract deer to fields to shoot them over bait.

3) It does not have (nor has had) fences that limit the free, unrestricted movement of deer in or out of the ranch.

4) I understand that El Halcon is a good place to go hunting in Mexico, but we don't believe that we compete with them. We offer very different things. If our hunts go as expected, I hope to be able to charge more at El Durangue?o next year, focused in those who value our different package.

Alonso

Blaserman,

If I am correct the price with El Halcon is $3950.00 plus gun permit. And I think we paid $450.00 for the gun permit. I would check it out. In any case you are going to have a great hunt with Wayne. If you can, try and get Carlos as your guide. GOOD LUCK If you want send me a pm.

DESERTSHEEP

Alonso,

The only reason El Halcon charges the price they do is because for several season they have proven themsevels and their ranch. If you want to attract hunters you are going to have show you have the deer that these guys are willing to shoot. I know most outfitters starting out in Mexico had to start at a little lower price. Most all of these guys are regular hard working guys including myself. To spend that kind of money is going to take your ranch showing me it can produce B&C bucks. I am in no way putting your ranch down. Looks like a great ranch and a great oppertunity to be one of the first ones on the ranch for a shot at a big buck. But there is lots of ranches in Mexico that I have been to and been told they have never been hunted and they havnt produced good deer.

DESERTSHEEP

First I'd like to apologize To Alonso and everyone.

I was right on the price for my hunt. there is somethings I did'nt tell.

My best friend is a booking agent , there was a deal cut. lets just say it cost less.

I did'nt know all the details untill I asked whats the total cost. I trust my friend I

have hunted with him for ten years, from the US , Canada , Africa .

As someone said people work hard for their money, I am not rich by any means I turn wrenches for a living , a Mechanic . I save and hussle atleast a year or two in advance to do my hunting.

The hunt in this thread ,Should be a good hunt if the deer are here.

This is much lower than most hunts. Alot of Hermasillo hunts are Twice as much.

Alonso...

How did the Jan 4th hunts go?? I am very interested.. I am always up for a road trip.

Are you in Mexico or the States?

What are your prices going to be after the inital hunting experiments?

jason

Alonso...

How did the Jan 4th hunts go??  I am very interested.. I am always up for a road trip. 

Are you in Mexico or the States? 

What are your prices going to be after the inital hunting experiments?

jason

Jason,

We just returned from the hunt and it went well, but I'd prefer for the hunters themselves to tell you about it (more objective comments). They're in the States and I can give you their numbers if you call me at 956-242-4257 after next Monday.

The ranch is in the state of Durango in Mexico. The rut is just beginning.

We haven't decided on next season's prices yet.

Alonso

Alonso,

Are you going to be at the SCI convention in Reno next week?

Alonso...

What was your success rates?  Can you post pictures?

Thanks

Jason

Three hunters were at the ranch last week for the first hunt in 40 years, but none of them killed a deer. They saw quite a number and had the chance to shoot, but didn't. I hope to be able to post pictures or a video of what was seen next week. Amanda Moors will also comment, because she was there.

Alonso