Sign in to follow this  
luv2fish

San Carlos Lake 3/10/11 and Roosevelt 3/11/11

3/10/11

My daughter and I fished San Carlos Lake for Crappie. We wound up with 27, some pushing 2 lbs. Most were caught on BBC and JD. We fished over 14-17 ft. of water, trolling our jigs only about 3 ft. deep. Talked to a guy that caught his on OC.

3/11/11

We fished half a day at Roosevelt for Crappie. We fished the buoy line first across from Schoolhouse Point with no bites. Then we went up the Salt River and trolled. Most of the people had two. One boat had three. We wound up with 1 Bass and 2 Crappie. We were using BBC and JD. Good luck, and keep your bait wet............LeRoy

I will be giving a Crappie Seminar tomorrow, March 13, at 1 p.m. at Bass Pro Shops. Hope to see some of you there!

3/10/11

My daughter and I fished San Carlos Lake for Crappie. We wound up with 27, some pushing 2 lbs. Most were caught on BBC and JD. We fished over 14-17 ft. of water, trolling our jigs only about 3 ft. deep. Talked to a guy that caught his on OC.

3/11/11

We fished half a day at Roosevelt for Crappie. We fished the buoy line first across from Schoolhouse Point with no bites. Then we went up the Salt River and trolled. Most of the people had two. One boat had three. We wound up with 1 Bass and 2 Crappie. We were using BBC and JD. Good luck, and keep your bait wet............LeRoy

I will be giving a Crappie Seminar tomorrow, March 13, at 1 p.m. at Bass Pro Shops. Hope to see some of you there!

I dont understand all of your abreviations. What did you use?

Thanks for the fishing report. Family in town but I'm hoping I can get out at least one day of my days off. :)

TJ

YOUNGGUNZ, I always use two 1/16th oz jigs to a line. I use a BBC (black, blue, & chartreuse) 2 inch grub on the bottom jig which I tie on with a Palomar knot. I slide the top jig up about 18 inches above the bottom jig, and put a JD (John Deere) 2 inch grub on it and tie it with an overhand knot. Sometimes I will use an OC (orange crush) grub. This is how I rig my line most of the time. I hope this helps you out. Good luck, and keep your bait wet.............LeRoy