Sign in to follow this  
CUZTAIL

$$$ For Sheds???

whats the going price per pound for brown elk sheds these days?

I think the average is around $10 per pound

If you're getting $10 per pound I want to meet your buyer! I haven't seen prices like that for many, many years.

The guys up this way have been giving $6 bucks a pound (unbroken browns) pretty steadily for a few yrs now.

whats the going price per pound for brown elk sheds these days?

I think the average is around $10 per pound

If you're getting $10 per pound I want to meet your buyer! I haven't seen prices like that for many, many years.

The guys up this way have been giving $6 bucks a pound (unbroken browns) pretty steadily for a few yrs now.

I don't know much about shed prices. Just what I heard in other areas on the internet? I will see if I can find that link?

I've never actually sold one. Prolly cuz I remember where I was when I found each one. Especially the ones I found with my boy. Can't imagine ever selling those. But if you find a bunch it makes sense to sell 'em to get some dinero and keep the house or yard from fillin' up with 'em.

It makes me wonder though. If the price is per pound, why do they care if they're broke up or not? You could have shed "A" that's BIG but chewed up and weighs more than shed "B" which is a smaller shed but perfect, not a mouse nibble on it, chocolaty brown, ivory tips the whole bit. To me, each shed is like a snowflake. So unique that a thousand heavens and a thousand earths could pass without ever making another like it.

So I guess I understand paying per pound if they're gonna be ground up to be sold for some inefficacious folk remedy (in which case the condition wouldn’t matter). But if they’re bought for like a chandelier, or a matching set, or piece of art, or some such thing, I would think that the cost per pound would be irrelevant cuz it’s the condition that matters.

From what I saw on the internet, it is the buyers and collectors selling elk antlers from $10-14 a pound. Much more for unique or trophy size antlers. But I guess most buyers are only paying $5-6 dollars a pound on average. A local guy I know here in Montana, said the average price was $10 a pound for quite awhile, I am not sure about current price.

I am a Horn Buyer in Globe, AZ and this year I am paying $5.50 and up for browns depending on condition and size. You can email me if you need any more info Email me...............LeRoy Price