Sign in to follow this  
bmf1321

slc 15x56 tripod adapter help

I have some 15x56's that came with a outdoorsmans stud for tripod adapter attached. I found different tripod adapter I want to use but when i pull the outdoorsmans stud off there is a large threaded hole +/- 3/4" diameter with no 1/4" hole for my new adapter. Does the outdoorsmans stud replace a plug on the slc's that has smaller 1/4" threads that I am missing?

I have some 15x56's that came with a outdoorsmans stud for tripod adapter attached. I found different tripod adapter I want to use but when i pull the outdoorsmans stud off there is a large threaded hole +/- 3/4" diameter with no 1/4" hole for my new adapter. Does the outdoorsmans stud replace a plug on the slc's that has smaller 1/4" threads that I am missing?

You have everything you need. What happened in your case is: the large threaded plug that was supposed to stay in your slc glass came out with the Outdoorsmans post. You need to put this back in the binoculars. Did you unscrew the small set screw on the bottom of the Outdoorsmans post ? If not do that and then screw the post with the plug back into the binoculars, I recommend a little (blue) medium strength thread locker on this part. When you get the post out of this plug you will see the 1/4 x 20 hole and you can use any other adapter you choose. If you need any more help you can call me and I may be able to talk you through the fix on this problem.

Take Care

Jim White

928-635-5316