Sign in to follow this  
tatumsdad08

How many shots have you missed because you had buck fever??

The first deer I ever shot at with a bow I missed. The second time I hit. That also goes with pigs. I missed the only time I shot at one. I am a new bow hunter so I guess it is ok.

One of many things my dad taught me about hunting is that if you lose that feeling of Buck Fever, then its time stop hunting....

Truest statement I have ever read here.

Well I'd say more than I care to admit. One in particular instance was when I was archery antelope hunting one year & I was about to get a 50 yd shot at this buck I had been after for days. I was waiting as he passed behind a bush & as I drew he turned & walked directly at me! He then turned perfectly broadside & stopped, I let fly & watched my arrow sail right over his back. I also remember one time I had missed a nice coues deer buck & returning home my dad said" well son the day you stop getting excited is the day you need to quit hunting,"... Amen.>>>-->Jed

deer none the one big buck i shot(196))his head was in the tree so i didnt really get buck fevor and my coues i just didnt pay attention to the rack and made the shot. BUT elk seem to be dancers and has the abilty to avoide every arrow ever shot at them (even a cow at 7 yards). 5 tags in the soup hopefully this year i can pull my sh** together and get it done with my cow tag :blink:

(I've missed more than i can remember. I guess that's what keeps me coming back.