Sign in to follow this  
wardsoutfitters

Who Has Fished Roper Lake ?

Fished it growing up in Thatcher, all the time. Haven't been there in a few years. It was a fun place to go and fish, swim and just have a good time.

the bass fishing is good rt now havent caught to many crappie

Just looking for some info on Roper lake? Anyone here fish it? I'm looking for somewhere close to take the kids where they might be able to catch a few fish.

The bass fishing has been good lately but it is not easy especially for young kids. Flipping plastics into heavey cover is the best bet. Crappie and redear sunfish has picked up lately as well, try worms on the bottom for the redear or small jigs or small crank baits for the crappie. The fishing is not going to be real fast paced though especially from a kids point of view.

Dankworth Ponds has always been a good place for a kid to catch an easy fish, but last summer there was a fish kill because of aquatic vegitation blooms. We are in the process of draining, cleaning and restocking by the fall if all goes well.

If you go to Roper ask for me when you go through the entrance and I will give the most recent info. I am the park manager.

Scott

Hey, I just moved to willcox and have fished there numerous times , caught some decent size bass, easy launch for your boat ... tiny pond , flipping and dropshot work but my big ones came off lipless cranks. The whole lake is shallow, lots grass to fish. But the lake is hit or miss . Try a trap casting into swim area on south end. Good luck