Sign in to follow this  
DubTee

Tell me about 23 late

I was all set to put in for another late hunt for coues, but it just isn't going to work out to go down south this year. I'm exploring the option of putting in for 23 late as the logistics of the hunt would work for me this year, I figure I have about a 50% chance of drawing in the bonus pass. Just curious on some aspects of the hunt/unit. Are deer numbers fairly consistent throughout the unit? How is hunter pressure with the 85 tags? I'd plan on hunting the last 5 days of the year, weather/road worries? Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

I can give you a great deal of info on that hunt and unit..Feel free to give me a call.Dave 602/228/1719

I appreciate it, I will call you soon.

Awesome unit. Only one better is 22. Good luck.

Guest super jumbo

23 late is an awesome hunt, but you would be suprised how those tags can cover the unit. I have been on the 23 hunt almost every year, the other years 22, and i think 23 is a little better than 22. With that being said the hunting pressure diff. is big between 22 and 23. If you want to truly own the unit, 22 is the way to go, but 23 has more big bucks than 22. Everyone has their own opinion and it boils down to which unit you know better in the long run. Our biggest bucks have come from 23, but 22 is a gem of a hunt. Good luck to ya.

23 late is an awesome hunt, but you would be suprised how those tags can cover the unit. I have been on the 23 hunt almost every year, the other years 22, and i think 23 is a little better than 22. With that being said the hunting pressure diff. is big between 22 and 23. If you want to truly own the unit, 22 is the way to go, but 23 has more big bucks than 22. Everyone has their own opinion and it boils down to which unit you know better in the long run. Our biggest bucks have come from 23, but 22 is a gem of a hunt. Good luck to ya.

I'd have to agree with pretty much every thing Dave mentioned above....except we on the other hand are known for killing all the monsters in 22...so there must also be a few in both units :P ...however, I think the 24's, and 27 have better deer yet. ;) I have yet to hunt a unit in AZ for Coues and not been able to find quality deer... even in units not known to be coues producers... hunt a unit because it is close to you... or because you want to learn it... there are big ones in every unit, even those "any antlered deer' units! ;)