Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reynaldo de la Torre

Archery Program

I am an instructor for AZ G&F. I also work at a middle school - ISS Supervisor. I would like to start an archery program for kids afterschool. I have an interested partner but he is really busy and I don't think he will be able to do much. Is there anyone here who would be willing/able to help out? G &F will supply all of the equipment. This will kick off anyway but I could use the help. I live in Douglas.

Good for you! You are the man! Check the local-est archery clubs for help. We need to make archery a class they can take in shcool also. I have ben thinking about doing something like this in Flagstaff. How did you get the G&F involved and how involved are they?

Lance,

I believe G&F is already working on getting the Archery in the Schools program into FUSD. Call Jim David (former science teacher) here in Flag, as he was working w/ G&F. I do not recall the name of the G&F officer. The last I recall was that there was not enough $ for equipment.

RR

Arizona Deer Association/Chris Denham 480-857-3057 has been involved in a project with the AZGFD like this. Call Chris because there is funding and manpower allocated for this if I am not mistaken. This is a nationwide program that I believe Mathews bows is also involved in. Maybe Amanda can bring this up to the ADA members and place info here about it...........Allen...........

I am an instructor for AZ G&F.  I also work at a middle school - ISS Supervisor.  I would like to start an archery program for kids afterschool.  I have an interested partner but he is really busy and I don't think he will be able to do much.  Is there anyone here who would be willing/able to help out?  G &F will supply all of the equipment. This will kick off anyway but I could use the help.  I live in Douglas.

I am an instructor for AZ G&F.  I also work at a middle school - ISS Supervisor.  I would like to start an archery program for kids afterschool.  I have an interested partner but he is really busy and I don't think he will be able to do much.  Is there anyone here who would be willing/able to help out?  G &F will supply all of the equipment. This will kick off anyway but I could use the help.  I live in Douglas.

Let me know what kind of help you need and if possible I'll help you out. I also work with the schools, so my time is probably a lot like yours.

Mark

Lance,

I believe G&F is already working on getting the Archery in the Schools program into FUSD.  Call Jim David (former science teacher) here in Flag, as he was working w/ G&F.  I do not recall the name of the G&F officer.  The last I recall was that there was not enough $ for equipment.

RR

This is their program. It requires 2 people to go for trainig and then G&F will supply the equip. It will be an afterschool thing - at least here. I have permission from the principal. The G&F guy in charge is Anthony Chavez. The hold up last semester was that they didn't have a program coordinator - now it's on again.

The local gun club is also trying to start a shotgun thing for kids.

There are no archery clubs here that I am aware of.

Good for you! You are the man!  Check the local-est archery clubs for help.  We need to make archery a class they can take in shcool also.  I have ben thinking about doing something like this in Flagstaff.  How did you get the G&F involved and how involved are they?

First I became an instructor - hunter safety/archery. Then I got on the list for the training needed - 2 days. Then we will receive our edquip. This is how I understand it. They are very supportive I think. It will be up to the instructor though.

Arizona Deer Association/Chris Denham  480-857-3057 has been involved in a project with the AZGFD like this.  Call Chris because there is funding and manpower allocated for this if I am not mistaken.  This is a nationwide program that I believe Mathews bows is also involved in.  Maybe Amanda can bring this up to the ADA members and place info here about it...........Allen...........

I went to school with Chris. Thank for the info.

I like this place and the guys here !

I am an instructor for AZ G&F.? I also work at a middle school - ISS Supervisor.? I would like to start an archery program for kids afterschool.? I have an interested partner but he is really busy and I don't think he will be able to do much.? Is there anyone here who would be willing/able to help out?? G &F will supply all of the equipment. This will kick off anyway but I could use the help.? I live in Douglas.

Let me know what kind of help you need and if possible I'll help you out. I also work with the schools, so my time is probably a lot like yours.

Mark

I need a partner who will be here for the kids. I'm thinking (look out) maybe an hour afterschool.