Sign in to follow this  
AntlerObsession

Favorite Scope Reticle

Gentlemen,

I have recently been researching newer scopes as I may be in the market for one soon. There are so many different variables to consider, the least of which being the plethera of different reticles out there.

My question is: What is your favorite reticle for Coues? Varmint? And Why?

Also, if you feel so inclined, I would love to hear what your power preferences are, if you had your scope factory set for drop compensation, for different hunting scenarios?

Can't wait to hear about your personal scope setup!

Fine plex

On my next scope I will probably go with a MOA reticle. I've been using balistic software and MOA adjustments lately and getting used to it, it will help with smaller adjustments for windage. I prefer the finer crosshairs. I have small target dot now on my RUM and I like it more than I expected too (got a killer deal on the dot reticle). I prefered the TDS-4 to the old TDS for drop reticles. I shot the TDS for a few years and it did well for me.

Since I dial all of my shots, I prefer the Nightforce NP2DD (Varmint/ 1,000 Bench Rest. It gives gives me a very clear and uncluttered view of my target, and for some reason I shoot better with it.

I prefer MILS slightly over MOA. However, what I really care about is that my dials match my reticle. IE: MIL reticle with MIL turrets or MOA reticle with MOA turrets.

really skinny straight crosshairs with a dot is what i like. i also like the leupold tapered crosshairs with a dot. Lark.

I will be getting the Nightforce MLR2

Depends on the rifle's use. I have a regular duplex on my elk rifle (4.5x15x) and a fine duplex on my Coues/Antelope rifle (6.5x20x) where I might have a long shot and the fine duplex covers less at higher magnification.

I will be getting the Nightforce MLR2

Me too... someday... ;)

Has anyone found any illuminated reticles to be effective? They seem gimmicky to me, and don't seem to justify the cost, weight, maintenance, etc.