Sign in to follow this  
huntscout

Whats the San Carlos Scoop?

So I see on their website that tags will be available on Dec. 29th. Anyone here buy a tag before? Is it a madhouse on that day? Do all the tags sell that morning?

I am thinking about doing it and I have heard that this year it will be first-come-first-served like years past and people will be limited to buying 2 tags each. Whats the scoop?

I'm not so sure on the two tags but i do know it's first come first served.Get there early,i'm talking midnight or so,so you'll get a shot at the thousand dollar deer in units A,B,or C.Good luck. :)

I'm not so sure on the two tags but i do know it's first come first served.Get there early,i'm talking midnight or so,so you'll get a shot at the thousand dollar deer in units A,B,or C.Good luck. :)

I was there today and there were already chairs out saving places they said it was okay to do it. By the way there were already 16 chairs sat out

jlhcoues

Huntscout,

I've had 5-6 tags on the Carlos. I wont buy another until they go to some kind of lottery. I've seen fights over who chair was there first. They were letting the San Carlos guides buy as many tags as they could. Then after you stood in line forever and you got to the counter they were all sold out. Since they have raised prices on the San Carlos I think your money is better spent on a Mexico tag. With that being said they are still going to kill some great bucks on the S.C. . But you have to really put in your time.

Just my 2 cents

desetsheep

They are changing it this year. First, they are not allowing guides to put out chairs. They made them take them away today. If a guide buys you a tag you have to have a form notarized and the guide that is on the paper has to be present with you on the hunt. If the guide is not present with you and they check you they will take your tag on spot. They are making it easier for a non tribal member to get a tag. Also a non tribal member can only buy one tag. Unless the 2nd person is a member of your immediate family. You must have proof of that as well. That is what I got from the game and fish department.

I was just on the website and don't see any mention of next years tags going on sale. Where is this information posted?

Thanks!