Sign in to follow this  
luv2fish

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE MEMORIAL DAY!

"I___________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the Untired States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform code of Military Justice. So Help Me God!"

I saw this posted on another site, and thought how appropriate this is for today. It has been 51 years since I took that oath and boarded a bus for Ft. Hood, but I would do it again if need be. This is the oath that all servicemen and women take when they enter into our military services. They are all aware when they take it that they may be called upon to lay down their lives for their country. This ultimate sacrifice has been made for this country since the Revalutionary War!

As you celebrate this day, please remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice, those who have served and returned home, and those who are serving in harm's way today. Their willingness to serve guarantees you the rights you should hold close to your heart! Hopefully our young people are being taught to honor our country, our flag, and the Servicemen and Women that guard our precious freedoms!

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS OUR VETS PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE!

Thanks for the reminder LeRoy. How easily so many forget who haven't served. Thank you for your service to this country and all of us who haven't served. God bless America and our service men and women. :)

TJ