Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Winchester Enfield 1917

Anyone have any ideas about the worth of a Sportorized Winchester Enfield 1917? Venerable .30-06 as originally chambered of course. The action is in decent shape as far as not being rusted or pitted. It has been drilled and tapped for mounts, and I'm not sure I'd call it a stellar job, but it isn't horrific. It's a custom barrel ... though I have no idea whose. It has a Timney Trigger and a sporter stock. Barrel appears free floated other than a cork sheet touch pad.

It's been sitting in my safe a couple of years. Belonged to a relative who passed. Figured I'd sell it, but have no idea what to ask. Any ideas? It is not a jewel, but isn't junk either. Just a decent older rifle. Input would be appreciated.

I have seen some in good to great condition "original " go for around $650 to $750 Hard to say what a mod would go for. If you find the right buyer you could get, I would guess around $500 to $600. I would like to see pics, if you could post them I would be better able to give a range.

Anyone have any ideas about the worth of a Sportorized Winchester Enfield 1917? Venerable .30-06 as originally chambered of course. The action is in decent shape as far as not being rusted or pitted. It has been drilled and tapped for mounts, and I'm not sure I'd call it a stellar job, but it isn't horrific. It's a custom barrel ... though I have no idea whose. It has a Timney Trigger and a sporter stock. Barrel appears free floated other than a cork sheet touch pad.

It's been sitting in my safe a couple of years. Belonged to a relative who passed. Figured I'd sell it, but have no idea what to ask. Any ideas? It is not a jewel, but isn't junk either. Just a decent older rifle. Input would be appreciated.

I'll get the camera out and see what I can do.

I'll get the camera out and see what I can do.

I have a custom 06 built on a 1917 win action . The model 1917 winchester was produced by several factories , I looked up the marks on mine and discovered it was actually made at the remington factory (does that make it a remchester :D ). Mine is a nice looking rifle but a little on the heavy side . I have taken many deer with it ,including my first whitetail when I was 14 yrs old . I dont know what its worth but it was handed down by my father ( I think he paid $65 for it with 4x leupy) and its pretty much priceless to me .

I have a custom 06 built on a 1917 win action . The model 1917 winchester was produced by several factories , I looked up the marks on mine and discovered it was actually made at the remington factory (does that make it a remchester :D ). Mine is a nice looking rifle but a little on the heavy side . I have taken many deer with it ,including my first whitetail when I was 14 yrs old . I dont know what its worth but it was handed down by my father ( I think he paid $65 for it with 4x leupy) and its pretty much priceless to me .

Actually the 1917 was produced by Winchester, Remington and a Remington Subsidiary called Eddystone. The Winchesters seem to have the highest value ... not sure if that is because there were fewer produced or what ... just what I've seen on some sights so far. Remington actually used the P1917 as the basis for the Model 30, where Winchester ended up going to more of a Mauser Style Action.

I'll probably sell this one. Either that or I'll use the action as a basis for a REALLY BIG magnum somewhere down the road.

My price range stands $500 to $600 in present condition. You might spend more completly modifying it, but you will get a very good gun out of it.

My price range stands $500 to $600 in present condition. You might spend more completly modifying it, but you will get a very good gun out of it.

Thanks. It seems to be the consensus that these make very good rifles ... especially the large magnums. Maybe I'll hang onto it and do a .375 H&H or something fun like that.

Thanks. It seems to be the consensus that these make very good rifles ... especially the large magnums. Maybe I'll hang onto it and do a .375 H&H or something fun like that.

375 would be pretty cool .