Sign in to follow this  
vegasjeep

Vortex Riflescope and high power Binos

I have a 7mm rifle that is ready to go hunting minus a scope. I bought the freaking rifle a couple years ago and you know how it is something ALWAYS comes up.

Before deer season I want to put a rifle scope on this rifle which will allow for consistent 500 yard shots. I was really thinking of going with a Leupold VX3L as the customer service I have gotten in years past was top notch. I am looking around the 1k mark and I am leaning towards maybe a Vortex scope. I know everyone has posted different opinions on this. Im looking at the Viper PST in a 50mm objective. I am also leaning towards a 4x16 but what is everyones opinions about a 6-24? Anyone in the Phoenix area have one of these scopes mounted I can look through? It really is a pain to go in a shop and look as it is just not the same.

Im also looking for big eye binos..... Once again it seems that at the Vortex Kaibab HD 15x56 is the way to go. I am also leaning towards these binos. Anyone in the phoenix area rent these out? Does anyone have a pair I could borrow and mount on my tripod? Always looking for great deals on a gteat product with outstanding customer service.. any ideas?

I have a 7mm rem.

140grain bt

VX3 6.5 x20x50 with varmit reticles

The scope was costly but we'll worth it!!!! My gun has taken 5 deer over 500yrds with 700 longest coues shot. The reticles are great and accurate!! Sighted in at 200, second 300 3rd 400 4th 500.. Bottom 600.. Hold bottom head level for 700. Don't know much bout vortex but leupold has be doing good things for a long time!!

Also vx3 has high turrets so It is able to get turrets so u can reach that 1k mark.. Would be hard without turrets

I have a VXII on my 30-06 3-9x40. Love the scope but want a little more and adjustable turret. I was looking at getting a VX3L. But then thinking about one of the Vortex KAIBAB scopes...

Go to or call ROSS outdoors. 59th Ave and Van Buren. I believe they rent them out. I know you can put down a deposit and make payments on them and you get to take them home.

I don't think you can go wrong with Leupold. Have had a couple of their scopes and they are good. That said, I don't think you can go wrong with Vortex either. My buddy has some of their binos ... he LOST the eyecup ... LOST IT. They sent him a new one for FREE. That is customer service.

If you end up going and looking through them and like them, check out the prices on cameraland's website. Doug has some great prices. I think he had first focal plane reticles for around $850. That is a pretty darn good price.

On the Binos, the Kaibab's are nice, but I could never get used to the eyecups on them. Make sure you look through several to see how they fit your face.

anyone in town have the 6-24x50 Viper PST scope I can look through on a rifle? I want to be sure I like the reticle and the clarity is as fgood as people say