matthewp45

Dad got a great buck!

My dad got his first coues Sunday morning on the San Carlos. I think he put the bar to high. It will be hard to top this guy. He scored 107 2/8". He shot him with .280 @ 404 yards. He is hooked for life.

post-539-1136863272.jpg

I need help with the other two pics. I can not get them small enough.

Never mind I figured it out!

That first pic shows the mass, but not how big it really is because there isn't much scale. Then the rest of the pics loaded! Wow! That thing is huge! Once you back away it really shows the mass and the spread! Hard to top that!

Matt

That is one nice looking buck congrats .

That's a great buck and will be tough to beat. Bet your dad will have fun trying to beat it though. Congrats :)

What a buck. Very symmetrical with good tines and mass. That is the defenition of a coues there. It will be very tought to beat that but I am sure he is up for the challenge.

After the first picture I was thinking there is no way that buck scored that high.....but than the rest of the pictures really show how big he is. Thanks for posting them and congratulations to your dad!

Another addict.... Great buck and congrats to your dad! He will have to work to beat that one for sure.

Congratulations to "old man" on a nice Coues. B)

Good job, way to go!

Bret

P.S. - that .280 Rem is the way to go! I use a .280 with 140Gr Nosler Ballistictip in front of 57Gr of H4831SC for deer.

I load all of his bullets for him so if he missed he probably would have blamed it on me. He shoots a 140 nosler accubond with 55 grains of RL 19.

Welcome to the world of the wacky couesdeer hunters. Congrats on your first coues.What unit were you in? <_<