Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Anbody Seeing Pigs

4 of us hunted for a couple of days down south. We filled all of our tags with big pigs, and saw about 40 to 50 javelina all together. The mule deer were rutting hard and we passed on a 24" 145 class buck and some other smaller mulies. Didn't get into much Coues deer action this time. I'm going back in a week to help my wife fill her tag and we are taking my two boys 7 & 9.

We call it "woofing" allthough it's more of a big "uoofff!" Predator calling works great, but if you have ever heard a baby Javelina squall it is pritty quiet, unlike the way most people will blow a call. Loud works to, I'm just saying you don't have to over do it when you are close. Trying doing it quiet next time you are in tight and looking for that shot. It is less likley to spook other or lesser pigs in the area.

Bill

We are lucky to you on this site. I appreciate all the information and experiance that you share.

Good luck to all the bowhunters out there.

Keven

Ah shucks, Kevin. Dont know what to say other than thank you so much.

BillQ

We saw "a" javalina on thursday the 12th at day light and i was lucky enough to get an arrow in him at 12 yards he ran 20 yards and he was done. :lol:

We were hunting in southern Az and after putting an arrow in this one , we didn't get a chance to fill another tag, i had 2 more friends with tags. I don't think its all about filling the tag, nothing better than setting down glassing with friends and try finding javalina,don't get me wrong filling the tag is great , it's a bonus to fill the tag. we didn't see another javalina until this afternoon and they were on the run. We did see some sign of the rut but it looked like it just one begining stages. ;)

Indio

I finally got a shot yesterday in 37B. I was sitting on a water hole when a single porker came in. I shifted a little bit to get in position for a shot and he scooted around a palo verde and went back the other direction. Then he heard me draw and started to trot, just as I shot at 35 yards and missed.

I have been hunting javelina in 24A and havent seen one. Is anyone else having this problem.

I have been hunting javelina in 24A and havent seen one.  Is anyone else having this problem.

RAC, I have hunted Javelina in 24a for about the last 8 years. They are very tough to find sometimes in that unit. I killed near 7 mile wash last year. This year I got a tag good for all the northern units... Try hunting pig in the show low/pinetop/lakeside area if you think 24a is tough!! Just keep plugging away and glassing, you will find them sooner or later....

Ron

I just got my pig last Friday out of 19A. My group wasn't out of the truck for 3 minutes when we spotted our Jav's. I got my sow at 10 yards. We think the group had a total of about 20 in it. I didn't get to hunt the rest of the four days with my friends (was helping a bud with a WT hunt) but they said they didn't see a thing the remainder of the hunt. My buddy down south said they were acting a little goofy too.