Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Anyone use the Tasco 5 Megapixal IR camra

I've been wondering if this camra is worth trying. Sportsmans warehouse has them on sale for $69 right now. Anyone try them?

I have one if you look at my recent post under trail cams you can see the pic quality I haven't had any probles with it but I am not real impressed with the night shots other than that it has been a great cam batteries last gorever and it can take upto a 16 gb sd

buddy has an older tasco..and does well...batteries last awhile....there was a couple night shots that the flash didnt go off...quality of photos are alright

They also heave the Moultrie D50 for the same price and it is a good cam.

I bought one from Cabelas last year and it's ok. It takes really clear pictures during the day. At night they can be blurry if the animal is moving and bright white if it's too close to the camera. It triggers at approximately 16 feet when it's 80 degrees or higher. The farthest I can get it to trigger is 32 feet when it's cooler out. I don't think it's bad for the money and the batteries last a long time.

I have quite a few of them and have only had problems with one, for some reason it just stops taking photos after awhile. As far as night shots goes I think they do just fine, but then again who cares what comes in at night!! the nice thing about them is the fit nicely in the Bushnell lock boxes Sportsmans sells.