Sign in to follow this  
KeithV

savage predator

Hey, has anyone heard or tried the new savage 10 in 6.5 284 im looking for my 15 year old he has used my 270. ithink this would be a great base for a medium range maybe more coues gun.

I think the Savage 6.5x284 is on their long action, a 110. IIRC, BML has a LRH in the 6.5x284, he may shed a little more light on it. It looks nice to me for a factory rifle. The LRH is only a little more money and has an adjustable cheek piece and muzzle break. Not sure if you would want those, but an option if you do.

I think the Savage 6.5x284 is on their long action, a 110. IIRC, BML has a LRH in the 6.5x284, he may shed a little more light on it. It looks nice to me for a factory rifle. The LRH is only a little more money and has an adjustable cheek piece and muzzle break. Not sure if you would want those, but an option if you do.

thank you young buck i appriaciate our input and respect your knowledge. I think this year for myself im going to try my 7mm ackley on a mauser action if i can get it scoped my dad built it, and was excited about the caliber we didnt get to use it before he passed.but for the boy im leaning on that rifle i dont think i could do beeter for the price

I do have that rifle and for the most part it's a great rifle. I'm having a little trouble developing a load, but only because I am trying to shoot a bullet that doesn't already have a lot of load data like the Bergers or Sierras do.

I don't like the cheek piece, but it's removable. No big deal there. I've never shot it with the break in the open position. Recoil is very minimal with it closed. I'm not sure why it's even on that particular caliber rifle anyway. It doesn't do anything for accuracy whether open or closed.

Overall I am very happy with it. I've shot several groups in the .6 range and several more in the 1 inch range. I am looking for the load that gets me under .5 and I am just about there.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

thank tou for the infomtion BLAKE,I was loking back on savages site and saw the rifle i was talking about its a 110 predator hunter max. I dont think my boy needs an adjustible cheek piece or a muzzle brake. I do like the look and features of both rifles and will probabely ask more in the future.