Sign in to follow this  
deserthunter23

San Carlos Nov 04 tag

Decided to log on and join in,been watching this site,seems great.just pulled the trigger on 04 Nov tag for San Carlos reservation ,would appreciate any info anyone would like to offer,never too early to start scouting,thanks

Just Curious but how much do the Reservation tags cost?

catclaw.read your post,have hunted birds and small game on reservation for about 8 yrs,this is first try at big game ,bought august bear tag unit c also,any direction to start for either whitetail or bear would be great,if not,thanks for reading my post

catclaw was correct jason,Nov tag was 800,hope it pays off,almost worth it knowing at least I will be hunting for sure,love the country on the reservation anyway,thanks for responding

Thanks,

That's not too bad, I was thinking they were a couple of thousand. I was told by a few people that all the tags were getting bought up by guides and resold, but glad to hear that is not true. Good Luck and if you ever want someone to tag along while scouting or hunting let me know. Jason

Jason

I don't really know too much about the deer situation there but, if the prickly pears are in this year then that unit C bear tag will be unbeleivable!! Just find big patches of ripe pears at the base of mountains near water and hold on. Don't shoot until you think it is as big as a VW bug and yes they will look that big when you see the right one. Good luck.

Bret M.

Guest Brian Marshall

On the san carlos you need to spend alot of time pre-scouting,like anywere else everybody thinks that because your on the res.that it will be a cake walk its not that way we spend alot of time looking for good bucks ,there is all types of country to glass from desert to the thickest brush and pines that you could amagine,all the advise i can give is do your homework.ps there out of tags now!!!!

This site is great,thanks for the responses,I know the deer population is more spread out,also know there are still some monsters hiding out,I do have the optics and have glassed for many years,just still in a quandry whether to start hi or low for deer,bear should be prickley pear time if its a good crop,bear dont know whether to start east or west c,they dont divide the unit anymore,keep the info coming ,anyone need to know about unit 31 ,thats where Ive taken my deer and spent alot of time hunting there,

thanks,Steve H

Brian, i saw the pictures of the bucks you guy's just got on the san carlos, on azod.com..can you post those pic's over here for every one else...and how about the story those are some great deer...give the hunt, up in the pine's...let's hear it...you can't go around shooting bucks like that and not tell the story....do you remember me?....Bob Horchler...

thanks Bob,Brian nice deer!,just saw the pics Bob was talking about,hope I can score in Nov.,100+ is the biggest coues Ive shot,hoping to move the notch,thanks for the replies, Thanks Steve

Brian, yes you did, good to see you here...beautiful bucks...have to get your phone # and give you a call, still live in payson? BH