Sign in to follow this  
Kel

Any help for my son's unit 36A, Nov 25th tag?

Hello everyone:

Well, after my 13year old son and I put in for our perspective coues hunts and took & passed the hunter safety class, my son and I were disappointed in that we got skunked on the draw. However, I told my son that I'd try for a 1st come mail-in leftover tag. He drew his 3rd choice which was hunt #1135--which I believe is unit 36A (Nov. 25th). Our dilema is this, I know units 22, 23, and 24a but not 36A. In Duwane's book, he recommends Las Guijas and the Cerro Colorado mtns. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? Any info to point me and my 13 yr old in the right direction will be definitely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kel

Both spots you listed hold plenty of deer. Pretty much any of the hill/mountains that are above the flats in that unit hold white tails.

Kel I know the unit pretty well.Both those hills are good. Let me know when you are coming down to scout and I can meet you. Not promising anything but I can point you in few directions.

Lee

Kel I know the unit pretty well.Both those hills are good. Let me know when you are coming down to scout and I can meet you. Not promising anything...

Lee: Just got in from work--that would be great!!! Both my son and I live in Mesa. I'm a teacher at Mountain View High School

and my son is an 8th grade student at Taylor Jr. So, we're planning on doing some scouting on our october break (10/10 to 10/14--towards the end of that week) and then maybe Veteran's Day if needed (Nov. 11th). We do have friends in Oro Valley(none hunters--but firearm friendly) that we could possibly stay with but that would be totally awesome to meet with you and get pointed in the right direction! I guess I should buy some maps of the area too. Thanks again,

Kel (Keldon)

cell#480-459-0212

I'll be down there with my two youngest for the early Junior hunt (10/7-10/13). Sounds like the same time as your Fall Break! ;) We will likely only be there for a long weekend, but I'll definitely let you know how it goes! I've been down there quite a few times for the Junior hunts over the years. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Good luck!

S.

:)

If I am not hunting in 36B I hunt across the road at 36A. My nephew ha killed 4 consecutive deer in 36a walking distance from the cabin in Arivaca.

I can show you some incredible areas that are easy to get to and will guarantee a buck or two for your son.

I will probably be down that way on this Sunday and at least every other weekend or so till my hunt in early Oct.

Hello everyone:

Well, after my 13year old son and I put in for our perspective coues hunts and took & passed the hunter safety class, my son and I were disappointed in that we got skunked on the draw. However, I told my son that I'd try for a 1st come mail-in leftover tag. He drew his 3rd choice which was hunt #1135--which I believe is unit 36A (Nov. 25th). Our dilema is this, I know units 22, 23, and 24a but not 36A. In Duwane's book, he recommends Las Guijas and the Cerro Colorado mtns. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? Any info to point me and my 13 yr old in the right direction will be definitely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kel

If your son drew the Nov. tag, the Arizona Chapter of SCI holds a junior deer camp for that weekend. We set up camp off of the Arivaca road at mile post 16. We provide a safe place to camp and interact with other hunters. We also provide lunch and dinner on Friday night. Saturday night is a potluck. We have some volunteers who can assist you with a morning or evening hunt to help find deer.If you want more info let me know.

Bobby