Sign in to follow this  

Hello to everyone, hope you guys have a succesful archery hunt, a few days ago i read a thread about gas safety shutoff, but somebody mention a gas blower that blows hot air into the tent or trailer, i can't find that thread anymore if someone would be nice to send em the link, i'm looking for one of those heaters.

thanks.

maximus,

i dont know which thread you are referring to. i know i have found one thread earlier in the season about heater safety. The Little Buddy brand heaters are suppopsed to come equipped with a Carbon monoxide alram, but in addition to that your local hardware store sells a battery operated one. I believe the original thread the person advised to purchase the secondary CO2 alarm, for safety.

I know i posted a thread on here around april, asking for more information, if anyone had any experience with the battery operated monitors. My main concern is the package said it was only rated down to 40 degrees f. so on a cold elk trip i was concerned about the abillities of the alarm when the ambient temps can be down below 20 degrees.

Any ways... coleman makes a model, theres the little buddy brand ( i bought one off of ebay from a guy in wisconsin) and im sure other brands that are equally effective. The catalytic heaters are safe for indoor supposedly... heres a link for you:

http://www.outdoorplaces.com/gear/equipment/heat/

maximus,

i dont know which thread you are referring to. i know i have found one thread earlier in the season about heater safety. The Little Buddy brand heaters are suppopsed to come equipped with a Carbon monoxide alram, but in addition to that your local hardware store sells a battery operated one. I believe the original thread the person advised to purchase the secondary CO2 alarm, for safety.

I know i posted a thread on here around april, asking for more information, if anyone had any experience with the battery operated monitors. My main concern is the package said it was only rated down to 40 degrees f. so on a cold elk trip i was concerned about the abillities of the alarm when the ambient temps can be down below 20 degrees.

Any ways... coleman makes a model, theres the little buddy brand ( i bought one off of ebay from a guy in wisconsin) and im sure other brands that are equally effective. The catalytic heaters are safe for indoor supposedly... heres a link for you:

http://www.outdoorpl...equipment/heat/

thank you.