Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Muley hunting

I found a nice muley on Sunday while hunting for pig. I followed him for about three hours and he seemed to stay in the same general area. He had about 7 does with him, but didn't seem to be showing any rutting activity. I am going to try and hunt him this weekend and had a few questions. Has anybody tried putting out any type of scent that seemed to be a good attractant? I want to set up my double bull blind and hunt from there. I wanted to put something out that might hold him close to the blind. What about a doe bleat? Any suggestions would help me out alot. There are two other bucks hanging around the group, but no fighting going on. David

I found a nice muley on Sunday while hunting for pig. I followed him for about three hours and he seemed to stay in the same general area. He had about 7 does with him, but didn't seem to be showing any rutting activity. I am going to try and hunt him this weekend and had a few questions. Has anybody tried putting out any type of scent that seemed to be a good attractant? I want to set up my double bull blind and hunt from there. I wanted to put something out that might hold him close to the blind. What about a doe bleat? Any suggestions would help me out alot. There are two other bucks hanging around the group, but no fighting going on.  David

All I can say is keep hunting him as much as you can. Haven't tried any scents or calls just trying to stalk them when they are bedded. I would try that blind around water if you can. The deer I have been seeing are hitting the tank all day long. Those clouds and wind came in last saturday and it looked like a circus down by the tank. Every deer in the valley seem to be up their. Little bucks chasin does all over. It was pretty crazy.

Good luck

Scott

Blinds on water holes work! You can get a good scent attractant at sportsman warehouse called mulie 4x4(mule deer doe urine). But nothing beats a good stalk and a well placed arrow, if terrain(no cholla) allows stalk in socks!

I picked up a Primos original can and a buck grunter last night. I also found some scent that is supposed to be an attractant for mule deer. I am going back up Friday morning to give them a try. Thanks for the advice. David