youngbuck

New horse in the stable

Both are great. I drill little holes in different direction that act like little locks. This helps the compound hold. You should be just fine.

nice rig and it looks like it is starting to shoot well. When you get the redding die you wont have the xpander ball issue jst remember to swap out the ball for the undersized depriming pin holder. You should not need the ball again if you are using fired brass and the neck run out should be very little with just the bushng. After a few more trips to the range you will probably get a little more velocity and those groups will probably shrink a little more.

Good luck!

Forster called me back and want me to pay for the polishing and for them to ship it back. It had 30rds of brass run though it and they said it needed polishing and I had to pay for it. I told them to keep the sizing die. My Redding bushing die was smooth as silk. I'm running just under 2 thou neck tension. I loaded some of the 300gr Bergers up to 91.5gr of H1000. The primers are flat, but didn't seem too hot. I may creep up to 92gr and see how that changes my groups. My drop was spot on to 831yds with the Litz G1 tested BC in the Shooter app. I'm sure the Forster seating die contact was the source of my initial drop tests being low. I need to fine tune some loads for group size and ES, but I'm pretty darn close. It will definitely be ready for my Dec tag and maybe my buddies Oct WT tag. I've got the bedding supplies, so that is on the to-do list.

Everything seems to be working out really well. Looks as though the 110 FCP is a less expensive way to going into the 338 LR game. This rifle is 1/3-1/2 the price of a comparable full custom rig. It may not shoot as good as some guy's customs or be as cool, but I can't tell the difference the way I shoot.