bowhunter4life

game and fish changes

I was at last nights meeting in mesa.looks like were going to loose some hunting time for the archers. sept 1-21 deer season (rim) 1-28 other units.dec will not start intell 22nd and close on the 25th january.also javilena will close on the 25th .looks like rifle deer wont start intell the 22nd also but only about 5-10% of tags will be left.the rest to be put in with oct hunts.we need all hunters to get to these meeting and let them know we want our tags left alone.it looks like a dec. coues tag will be like being drawn for antelope( lucky to get tag every 8 years)mike

Yup, it sucks when we get people running the AGFD who care more about funding for projects than the reason FOR the department. :angry:

I think the writing is on the walls. Rumor the department has all the unit managers "goose stepping" to the same tune. Independent thinking is not allowed unless it is in line with the goals to raise more money. :huh:

It is gonna be easier to draw a bighorn sheep tag than a Dec Coues tag after they make it final. :angry:

Guys I agree with you 100percent I hunt the november hunt only because the it s easier to draw a tag and get this I havent been drawn for two years. at my place of employment I have to put in my vacation request at the first of december for the following year. the problem is that I have senority and get one chance at vacation time to make a long story short unit 31 only has fifty tags and If I dont get drawn for that I have already put in for the time off. I remember hunting in december and having the oppurtunity to hunt several units at a time and probabely not seeing another hunter.