Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Kodiak Canvas Flex Bow

Picked a 10x14 unit up at Cabelas over the weekend. One of those fluke deals. Went into the bargain cave and they had one marked used that was priced down to $360 from $599. Opened it up in one of their Conference Rooms and everything was perfect. Looked to have been setup once ... maybe on grass. Got down to the register and what do you know ... marked off another 15%. Stole it for $305 plus tax. Got it home and set it up ... took all of about 5 minutes once we got it laid out. Took about the same amount of time to put it back in the bag. Camping just got a WHOLE LOT EASIER, and for CHEAP!!!

post-3141-0-74048800-1315408411_thumb.jpg

Dang!! I have been looking at those. I hesitated to buy another $500+ tent. I wanted a wall tent that sets up quick for weekend trips. I already have the Cabelas Alaknak 12x12, but it takes too long to set up just for a weekend. I ended up buying a Coleman Instant Tent on sale. Really fast set up, decent quality. Not sure how weather "proof" it is. Congratulations...you got really lucky!

If you decide to sell it, let me know.... :rolleyes:

This is an awesome tent especially for that price. I checked those out at the Sportsman's Warehouse and was tempted. I loved the fact there are only a few poles to worry about, it seemed solid and the heavy floor. the only reason I did not get it is becuase if the wife ever wanted to go camping without me this beast was too heavy for her. Great buy! and Enjoy. Oh and there is just something about the smell of real canvas that evokes those old memories of camping when I was a wee little tyke!

This is an awesome tent especially for that price. I checked those out at the Sportsman's Warehouse and was tempted. I loved the fact there are only a few poles to worry about, it seemed solid and the heavy floor. the only reason I did not get it is becuase if the wife ever wanted to go camping without me this beast was too heavy for her. Great buy! and Enjoy. Oh and there is just something about the smell of real canvas that evokes those old memories of camping when I was a wee little tyke!

I have one of these exact tents. I have had it in some strong winds, snow, rain, and everything else you can think of. I have never had a problem and I love the room in it. Best money I have ever spent on a camping gear.

I have one of these exact tents. I have had it in some strong winds, snow, rain, and everything else you can think of. I have never had a problem and I love the room in it. Best money I have ever spent on a camping gear.

I have the same tent and completely agree, snow, rain, wind, it handles it all!

Great buy on an awsome tent.

I'll give 305 fitty for it !!! :lol:

I have one of those tents they are definately worth the money. Really nice when its cold as heck and you throw a heater in it! Makes getting out of bed a whole lot easier! One thing you need to do is if you have to pack it up and its still wet is set it up to dry when you get home they mold up real quick.

Just used it for my buddy's elk hunt. What a great tent!!! Couldn't be happier with that purchase. Should have bought a Powerball Ticket that day :D

Great tents! They're a knock off of the Kirkham's Springbar tents, but actually have some better features, including the attachments for guy lines. If I'm going to be more than 3 or 4 days I prefer the space of a wall tent, but the Kodiak is definitely easier and quicker to set-up for weekend trips.

kodiak1.jpg

kodiak2.jpg