Sign in to follow this  
SouthernCouesHunter

What would this buck score??

Background: This camera is setup on a scrape that produced two harvested deer. One deer was a spike (Female hunter 1st archery hunt 1st shot 1st deer) and the other was a 6X4 with a broken G4 (broken after the shot trying to hurdle over a six foot mesquite). The stand location is 15 yards from this scrape and appeared to be being refreshed on a regular basis. No pictures were taken prior to the first two deer being taken but the last week has produced several nice pictures of 5 other bucks working the same scrape.

What do you guys think he will score? I am new to scoring deer and don't really have any idea as to what this deer may score. I am hoping that your estimates will help me to determine how to field score deer. Another picture of a different deer will be posted in a few days. Hope you like the picture.

Brian

p.s.....Patience is a virtue......

Hard to see all the pts well, heck of a main beam for sure. He's a shooter in my books. nice pic's for sure.

Guest Ernesto C

It is hard to guess a score with only that angle,cant see his left side that well...................but there is times when you have to shot first and ask questions later. :lol:

Ernesto C

Ya it's hard to tell what points are on what beams you know. Just shoot the sucker if you can!!

He looks good but as the others have said tuff to tell. Pretty big body though.

He doesn't look to be very wide but you can't really tell. Mass isn't too bad and tine length is about average. He might touch 100 but id say 98.

From that picture I would guess the 1st buck at around 80". Like was mentioned b4, hard to tell from that angle.

I would venture to say the low to mid 80s.

He looks to be a 4x4 with eyeguards. Still tuff to tell on the score but I'll tell you if you can get some rain fall this winter and a wet spring he'll be one to go after for sure :)