Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

A Few Valleys

Last weekend was to be the Mitten Shadow at Monument Valley with a full moon, but the rain gods had other plans for the sunsets.

The trip started with Saturday evening overlooking the San Juan River at Mexican Hat. I was hoping the moon would rise above the river, but it came too far to the left.

Ed800MexHat-9-10-2011_053.jpg

Nearby is Valley of the Gods which I drove into after dark Saturday night. I did not know what to expect when the sun rose, as I had never been there. Some nice buttes and views were liken to Monument Valley, so it seems to be a nice place to hike and explore.

Ed800ValleyGods9-2011_041.jpg

The full moon rising above the Mitten shadow did not happen Sunday evening due to thunderstorms. It was a repeat wet performance Monday evening. There was however a leprechaun sighting earlier in the afternoon in Monument Valley.

Ed800SentinelRainbowMonVall.jpg

Next weekend, the archery elk hunters will be through hunting and it will be time to chase bugles and shoot with the Nikon. Good luck to you elk hunters this last week.

Doug~RR

what camera are you using? Editing software?

These were taken with a Nikon D90 and Nikon 16-35 f/4.

I am using Photoshop Elements 9 for basic editing.

Doug: These are not just photos. They're fine art. You need to contact a gallery.

At the very least, please show Arizona Highways magazine's editor your portfolio and get on his "want list."

Bill Quimby

Doug: These are not just photos. They're fine art. You need to contact a gallery.

At the very least, please show Arizona Highways magazine's editor your portfolio and get on his "want list."

Bill Quimby

Thank you Bill.

I have talked with a friend that has some images in a local coop gallery, but have not pursued that option yet. I have not submitted any images to Arizona Highways, but have been told that it may be best to meet with the editor rather than just submitting by mailing in a disc of images.

I recently hung 7 framed prints in a local pizza place, so if anyone goes to the new NiMarcos Pizza in front of Busters Restaurant on South Milton in Flagstaff, feel free to get some good pizza and a gander.

A few years ago, my photographic endeavor started for personal enjoyment, sharing, and to put together a calendar for family and friends.

Doug