Sign in to follow this  

I have a dilema, i obtained a 9 month old Viszla from a guy who went over seas last Tuesday. Took him up on my elk hunt and he's an awesome camp companion as well as riding dog. He's good with other dogs and excellent with kids. I thought he would be a great addition to the family but the wife isn't too happy. He has all his paperwork and shots but he hasn't registered him but has the app. The serviceman paid 750 for him but didn't want any money he just wanted him to go to a good home. He is a good dog and kennel trained,although i'm not pro kennel for long lengths of time. He is house trained and doesn't seem to have any bad chewing habits.He has a couple of scars i was told he got when he was a pup and fell out of a truck. He isn't nuetered and when we had him in the tent trailer at night he didn't bother the food on the table even though he slept on the seat next to the goodies. He slept beside the bed last night and i let him out to do his duty without any problems in the house. He went with us everywhere except to hunt but i was lucky to be done at 7 am opening morning so that was good. He wasn't on a leash the whole time while we were at camp and he never once was out of site of us. He is definately a people person and is very loving. I wish i could keep him but it would be the most expensive dog i've ever owned because of the divorce he would cause. He was skinny,too skinny when i got him so i don't want to give him back to the lady i got him from because i'm afraid he was left in the kennel while she was at work and she wasn't feeding him enough. If anyone is interested i Live in Gilbert and if you want to see pics of him i can send them to you. He is totally free to a good home. I was told he has been around guns and he does point at birds at least he did in camp but would need to be worked with as with every bird dog. Give me a call or text me if you think you would like to have this dog. Thanks, Tony 602-619-2115 Oh and i will be putting my story on the elk section as i did harvest a nice 364 bull on the muzzleloader hunt.

I REALLY wish that I was in a situation where I could take on another dog right nowl. I have a Viszla, and we LOVE her! I'm just not in a situation where I could take another dog right now. :( For anyone who wants a dog, you should seriously consider this!

Viszlas are great family dogs (and hunting dogs)!! Very family friendly, and true 'best friends' to the family that owns them! Real lovers.... ;)

Good luck finding a home for this boy!

S.

:)