Coues 'n' Sheep

Not much for Rut this year

We have logged a ton of days and hours hunting archery Coues this year and have found the rut to be very "hit and miss". Normally it is much more predictable, but I think the hot & dry conditions have really strung out the the cycle. Many great bucks have been harvested this year and I was fortunate enough to be one of those lucky guys that was in the right place at the right time. I thought I might share my fortune with you all. This awesome non-typical (+/-107" gross) passed by me at 12.5 yds as he calmly "shadowed" a doe. She was about 30 yds ahead of him and I think that he was mearly checking her trail to see if she was Hot. A good and low double lung shot made him mine. I'd like to point out how tuff coues deer are.... this buck made a 140 yard "death run" with no lungs and a Destroyed left front shoulder.... thats tuff. Aim small....miss small.

post-996-1138559022.jpg

Wow that is an exceptional buck and it has some great character too! I especially like that palmation. Congrats on taking such an awesome buck!

Guest Ernesto C

Yea thank you for sharing your fortune with us,that's an awesome buck!! Congratultions God bless you more.

Ernesto C

Coues 'n' sheep

Nicely done. That dichotomous palmation is almost hybrid-like, but he definately looks Coues. Great job!! ;) -Shiras

Coues 'n' sheep

Nicely done. That dichotomous palmation is almost hybrid-like, but he definately looks Coues. Great job!! ;) -Shiras

Hey, thanks for all the compliments! I am truly stoked about this deer, it is my fifth and largest coues buck with a bow. No, on the Hybrid deal, though. If you hold the horns in hand you really see much more than in the pic. Thanks again guys.

Hey, I almost forgot..... My buddy (Jason) harvested a 90 4/8 gross Fork plus eye guards today. Here is a pic.

post-996-1138588069.jpg

Coues'n'Sheep,

Great buck ;) That one will be hard to beat but I bet you'll have alot of fun trying. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Congrats to your bud as well, nice buck.

Coues 'n' sheep

Hey, thanks for all the compliments! I am truly stoked about this deer, it is my fifth and largest coues buck with a bow. No, on the Hybrid deal, though. If you hold the horns in hand you really see much more than in the pic. Thanks again guys.

I held that buck in my hands on saturday and believe me the pictures do not do it justice.

Manny

I found the same thing for the rut this year, very hit and miss and I saw no heavy rutting but did see some bucks following does and smelling but no chasing or chousing as I normally see. I agree about the weather.

Congratulations on such a fine trophy!