Sign in to follow this  
KGB 500

Shooting location

Recently relocated to Ahwatukee (Phoenix)and was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to shoot a rifle off the I10 south of Chandler BLVD. I would rather not go to a range as I like to reach out at least 300 yards. Your information is appreciated.

Recently relocated to Ahwatukee (Phoenix)and was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to shoot a rifle off the I10 south of Chandler BLVD. I would rather not go to a range as I like to reach out at least 300 yards. Your information is appreciated.

i have a place out west I go to. let me know if you want to go with me

Casa Grand might work what is the location.Thanks Mike

Take Trekell south from I-8 or from CG. You will hit a dirt road shortly, follow it 1 mile or two south until you can make a left...this takes you to the Trap club, make a right to hit the public range. The range is 300 yard max distance. They used to have a 300 yard metal gong in the burm but if I remember right last time I went it had disappeared. The range is better on the weekdays. If you go a weekend make sure you talk to the other shooters about a ceasefire, etc. There is no official range master and I have seen lots of unsafe behavior on the range.

I wouldn't waste your time at the casa grande range...

I've been there once and will never go back! As I was returning from my target at 100 yards , some a-hole was all ready on his AR-15 pointed down range with his finger on the trigger. I let him know it wasn't "clear" . Packed up shop and left.

Safety is paramount at the gun range. Even with a rangemaster people screw up everyday, without one as Ted Nugent would say ..."it's a Freeforall"

Spend the 7.00 bucks and go to Usery...

AZP&Y

Phoenix Rod & Gun Club

Baseline & 24th ave goes out to 500 yards

Phoenix Rod & Gun Club

Are you sure it goes out to 500 yards? Their website says it has 25, 50, and 100 yard targets. Was thinking about going there in the morning and wanted to make sure.

Phoenix Rod & Gun Club

Are you sure it goes out to 500 yards? Their website says it has 25, 50, and 100 yard targets. Was thinking about going there in the morning and wanted to make sure.

Yes, I shoot there all the time. You will have to work around the high power schedule and you may have to join the club to access the longer range targets. (200, 300, 500 yards) just call them for more info.

Thank you all for the tips. I will try the Phoenix Rod & Gun Club. I will let you all know how it goes. If anyone is looking for a place around Gilbert/Queen creek let me know.

Thank agian