Sign in to follow this  
JLW

question...wildlife views show

Stupid question.... Why is it ok for game and fish to bolt camera boxes to trees but if we get caught doing it we are threatened with fines and such? Last night on the wildlife views show they were showing studies on bobcats and mt lions around the outskirts of tucson and i'll be damned if the camera box they showed wasn't bolted to the tree! BS!!!

I guess the laws don't apply to all! ;)

james

Maybe the same reasoning that allows the Fed gov't to sell weapons to drug cartels and tap your phone without a warrant?

you're so right!

on a smaller scale same crap at work so i should know better!

I was correct when I said, "stupid questions" ;)

still a bunch of BS

• Like 1

Stupid question.... Why is it ok for game and fish to bolt camera boxes to trees but if we get caught doing it we are threatened with fines and such? Last night on the wildlife views show they were showing studies on bobcats and mt lions around the outskirts of tucson and i'll be damned if the camera box they showed wasn't bolted to the tree! BS!!!

james

Bolted? What size bolt, length, did it have a lock washer? Me thinks that they didnt "bolt" a camera to a tree without a permit. I call internet BS. Would it be okay for the thousands of game cameras out there to be "bolted" to trees? :lol:

james

Bolted? What size bolt, length, did it have a lock washer? Me thinks that they didnt "bolt" a camera to a tree without a permit. I call internet BS. Would it be okay for the thousands of game cameras out there to be "bolted" to trees? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pretty sure when they removed the camera you can see the bolt/screw in the LOCK BOX and as far as a permit.... I doubt it

james

Most of the FS laws that I've read, say state game and fish employees are exempt if it is for work. It is something along those lines.

Haha I watched that too and found it curious! Definately a bear box on the tree and I dont know how else youd get it to stich to the tree without a bolt in it!

This is a stupid question :wacko: ! Why not ask why G&F can harass herds pushing with helicopters and netting or tranquilizing some to collar? They are tasked with managing our resources so guys and gals that love hunting and fishing can do so. Are you really going to try and compare them doing their job to you enjoying your recreation, and then cry foul because they are granted certain freedoms to perform their jobs better. G&F can net and shock a lake to do fish studies, maybe everyone should be able to fish that way as well.