Sign in to follow this  
Younghunter

Bear 20a

I was just wondering if there is any bear in unit 20a? If there are bear do you ever find them in the scrub oak or only in the pines. Thanks, Wesley

I was just wondering if there is any bear in unit 20a? If there are bear do you ever find them in the scrub oak or only in the pines. Thanks, Wesley

YOUNG-bears are scarce in the units with the densest populations. i suggest a different unit for you to "try" to hunt than 20a. 22 and 23 , 27, 3a,c,b,. 25 and 26.

I realize that 20a may not have very many bears but I live in the unit so it would be the easiest for me to hunt. But I have no idea where to start.

I realize that 20a may not have very many bears but I live in the unit so it would be the easiest for me to hunt. But I have no idea where to start.

Spend time going into canyon bottoms and oak ridges looking for bear scat in small clearings or on the side of game trails. Check large diameter tree for claw marks and scratching sign, and of course look for prints near water sources if mud or soft sand is amenable to leaving prints behind. If all else fails, leave behind a few trail cameras on water holes, ridgeline saddles or game trails to see if bears are using the area. Its simple: find the sign, find the bears!...well not that simple!