Sign in to follow this  
bowman

recomend factory round

I have the first hunt in October.....I have not been hunting in 10 years....I ran out of time and not been able to make my old reloads.. (I actually think my wife got rid of my press) my old load was 130 speer boatail, with 56 grains of 4831 power, Federal primers....My caliber is a winchester .270

So here goes my question can anyone recomend a good factory load I can use for this upcomming hunt......Any advice would be greatly appricated!!!!!!!!!

Try the Federal Premium with a 130 gr. Barnes Triple shock or 130 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip.

My .270 shoots the Remington Core Lokt PSP, 130 grain really well. The bullet performs well under 300 yards. I realize the BC is low (.336), but they are low cost and easy to find. After this season, I may try the Accu Tip Boat Tail...BC is .447

I have the first hunt in October.....I have not been hunting in 10 years....I ran out of time and not been able to make my old reloads.. (I actually think my wife got rid of my press) my old load was 130 speer boatail, with 56 grains of 4831 power, Federal primers....My caliber is a winchester .270

So here goes my question can anyone recomend a good factory load I can use for this upcomming hunt......Any advice would be greatly appricated!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the info

good luck all on the up comming hunts