Sign in to follow this  
archeryhuntingnut

Advice Needed

So a long time buddy of mine from back home, the original cheese state of Wisconsin, wants to try his luck at hunting coues. He will be a nonresident applying for a tag next year. He would like to have a decent chance of drawing an area with good quality, knowing as a nonresident that is not at all an easy thing to do. So any advice on units I should recomend he put in for as a nonresident? He wants to hunt with his rifle, and intends to get it set up for longer range shots than he is used to having in the home state.

Thanks in advance for you input.

I think 36A, B and C are good choices because it's easy country to glass, holds lots of deer and there are always left over tags. It's beautiful country for an out of state resident to visit. Illegal immigration and drug running is an issue down there, but even that is down like 40% over recent years, according to Border Patrol. I have been on several hunts down there and the illegals weren't an issue at all.

What Amanda said, 36abc are dang fine units and deer are all over. From low cactus country to up high oak/juniper. I too have not ran in to the illegals recently like before. If he bowhunts even better like mentioned. Muleys and Whiteys ruttin is dang fun in DEC/Jan compared to feets of snow on the ground back there. Could possibly get a stinkpig tag for Jan too.