Sign in to follow this  
jefftrucker12

Bringing dog to hunting camp

Our 18 month lab has gone on 1 deer hunt and 1 turkey hunt. While my daughter and I hunt, my wife and other daughter stay at camp with her. She is great company for them and they enjoy going on more hunts because they feel safer at camp. Even though we all know a lab is more apt to lick you to death than bite you :).

Not just in deer camp should people not have untrained, yappy for no reason, crotch sniffing, stupid dogs. And that goes for dogs that have owners that act the same way. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Only when hunting bear and lion.

Sorry, I don't bring my dogs on hunts. I would bring my lab because shes a great dog. My stepsons dog on the other hand is the biggest idiot dog I've ever dealt with. My fiance', the wonderful woman she is, doesn't think its fair to bring my lab and leave the idiot at home, as if dogs know whats fair and whats not fair, so my lab gets to stay home.

If you have good dogs bring them, if the are going to be any distraction at all... leave them home. I know some people think of their dogs like they are their kids which is great... unless you're like me and have enough kids, then dogs get to be dogs!

• Like 1