Sign in to follow this  
36Bjunkie

Redfield Rampage any opinions?

I was looking at buying a Redfield Rampage spotting scope. But I need some opinions from people that have used them in the field. Any info will be helpful. THANK YOU

Do you have GOOD bino's? Those are more important than a spotting scope. Rather than get 'make do' stuff save as long as necessary to buy something that will last the rest of your hunting career. I had a lot of 'make so' stuff over the years, could have bought good with what I spent.

My bino's are ok I have some Nikon bino's. They work ok but I want something that’s going to get out farther and not break the bank... I’m still going to be using my Nikon’s but want a spotting scope to make a good ID on the animal .

My bino's are ok I have some Nikon bino's. They work ok but I want something that’s going to get out farther and not break the bank... I’m still going to be using my Nikon’s but want a spotting scope to make a good ID on the animal .

something is better than nothing that's for sure

like stated above for what I've spent on crappy stuff; binos, tripods, spotting scopes; I could have bought something decent and got a lot more out of it. Have you ever been glassing and your crappy tripod is sticky and won't turn right and you just want to smash it on the rocks?!

these guys have way more experience that I do but I concur, binos are more important than a spotter.

good binos on a tripod are even better!

But it's nice to be able to put horns on something that is way out.

I am in the saving up for something better mode right now.... haha!

PS I have nikons also...... yeah they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

james