Sign in to follow this  
JLW

coyote

went out with the wife camping for a few days by morman lake in 6a

should have checked the regs cause there was a cow elk hunt going on! duh!

not wanting to compete with them I waited for the weekend warriors to go home.

Monday came and we headed over to 5B to make some sets. Still a lot of people driving around road hunting so we took the fr125

down off the anderson mesa. so way late now but got in a couple sets.

called this male in at about the 20 minute mark. started with jack rabbit distress then switched to coyote pup distress after about 10 min. I was actually getting up when this yote came in. I was in such a big hurry to make this set I didn't load the gun! Haha! Squeezed the trigger and yep... click! he was dead down wind. loaded 1 round and he was patient enough to wait for me and shot him at 220yds.

Made 4 sets and called 1 yote.

james

Monday came and we headed over to 5B to make some sets. Still a lot of people driving around road hunting so we took the fr125

called this male in at about the 20 minute mark. started with jack rabbit distress then switched to coyote pup distress after about 10 min. I was actually getting up when this yote came in. I was in such a big hurry to make this set I didn't load the gun! Haha! Squeezed the trigger and yep... click! he was dead down wind. loaded 1 round and he was patient enough to wait for me and shot him at 220yds.

james

I've never hunted coyotes and you've got my curiosity up. What do you use them for after the hunt (food, hide, both)?

Kevin

james

I've never hunted coyotes and you've got my curiosity up. What do you use them for after the hunt (food, hide, both)?

Kevin

I've given some away but mostly just saving some fawns.

I've seen 1 coyote take down a doe right in front of me!

they eat more deer than most people think!

I would like to get some of those big dogs tanned up and sewn into a blanket!

The ones in 5b get huge. I shot 1 that went well over 40#s

Nothing like the rush when they come charging in!

james

Kevin

Take a hero picture and pitch them in the brush! Most of the weekend warriors in this forum don't know the first thing about casing/skinning out a predator! Sadly these days this the acceptable ethic when it comes to predators!