Sign in to follow this  
AZBUCKEYE

7mm Mag loads using retumbo

I am running 71.5 Grs of Retumbo in my Rem 700. I am getting about 3050 fps with 168 gr Bergers. I worked the load up by .5 gr incremements.

I am also using IMR 4350 for 160 gr. Accubonds. I am getting about 2900 FPS but that is out of a 22 inch barrel Browning BAR. Hope it helps. Good Luck. Accubonds are a great bullet.

I shoot 140grain nosler balistic tip. Imr4350 64 grains out of Remington710.. I have had great results .., 4 deer over 550 and farest was 699. One and done! Every gun is different be prepared to try lots of loads,grains, powders to get the most out of ur accuracy.. With this load my gun has a half inch group at 100, 5bullets with 2 holes. When started also truest rl19 but didn't have good results . I think I try 3different powders and all three loads of each. Just load up 5of each load, lowest medium and max powder.. See what happens and what ur gun shoots best. Trying to find a good load can be frustrating!

Im shooten a 300 weatherby mag with 79grns of retumbo and 200gr nosler accu bonds @ 3070 FPS..... I LIKE IT!

All ive got is berger data for retumbo

180 VLD RETUMBO [start 63.0 Approx vel. 2710] [Max 66.4 Approx vel. 2849] Capacity 101.0%

168 VLD RETUMBO [start 66.0 Approx vel. 2839] [Max 70.4 Approx vel. 3022] Capacity 104.7%

Also a great way to work up accurate loads fast if your up for some reading

http://www.chuckhawks.com/developing_target_load.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/developing_target_load2.htm