james

inexpensive taxidermist ???new pics

post-4639-0-88974000-1330232156_thumb.jpg

ok so here is an update got my mouont back i had dropped my deer off mid december and was told i would get it back by end of march and i just received it today 2 month turn around $350.00 now to find a wall to hang this stud :D :D :D

That's unreal James...... Price + turn around time +good mount. You may have just gotten the best deal taxidermy has to offer! You just proved a lot guys wrong, including myself. Very cool buck, love that torn ear too.

That's unreal James...... Price + turn around time +good mount. You may have just gotten the best deal taxidermy has to offer! You just proved a lot guys wrong, including myself. Very cool buck, love that torn ear too.

thanks i couldnt be more pleased with it its even better looking in person

:D

+1 Thats a nice mount and a great lookin buck!

He must not have much overhead cost to get a price of $350 for a shoulder mount.

I would think after all the required prep work, materials used and a minimum of 2 days to mount it, then going over it while it is drying would take at least... 10 hours total, not including materials, which depending on form quality would run around 100-150 dollars. then consider the tanning cost, unless he tans the hide himself which requires more labor hours, and one would have to include time to skin the head out, then clean the skull cap. I might be crazy but that amounts to about $9 or $10 dollars an hour.

I guess, if you are just doing it out of love for the work, then it doesn't matter.

You ended up getting what you were looking for so congrats to you.