Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Scrapes and rubs

When have u guys had the best luck hunting rub and scrape lines. During december or january. Have an area were i always see some scrapes and rubs but never hunted a scrape or rub line always spot and stock or sit on water.

Listen to "oneshot". Hunt near the water holes in the summer if you do not get a deer in January. When the rut hits and you see scrapes, you would be out of your mind to not hunt that scraped area. In the rut those bucks will go out of their way to find them doe. Good luck and I would recommend a tree stand or blind cause the stock and spot in the rut is going to be pretty difficult.

I have found scraps the last few days and no chasing. It appears to me they are in their pre-rut period and will be traveling checking scraps. Trail cams will help you to figure out how often and maybe around what time of day they will come by. I've had a few that only small bucks are checking during the day and the bigger bucks are checking at night. As we get closer to the real rut they will come during the day too. Good luck.

I just witnessed a buck rubbing in 35A. However, I have been following 2 herds of does, and have yet to see any bucks following them. nor have i seen bachelor groups. in the last week i have seen 3 bucks, all going it alone it seems. hope they start following soon here!