cbryant11

triple crown

The ABA is no longer doing the triple crown. All the clubs that were involved with it are working right now to plan a crown for this year without the ABA. The ABA from what I heard will still have the Bowhunter Happening but it will be a fun shoot only. I'm sure info will be out soon for the crown they are working hard on details right now.

Official times aren't set but they should be confirmed soon. Right now it looks like this:

The 1st Leg will be hosted by Usery Mountain Archers (Mesa, AZ) in late February.

The 2nd Leg will be hosted by Desert Archers (Texas Canyon - Dragoon, AZ) in late March.

The 3rd Leg will be hosted by Apache Bowhunters (Globe, AZ) in late April.

Right now there is no official 4th leg although there has been some talk (maybe just wishful thinking) about adding the Clint's Well or the Father's Day Mormon Lake shoot as a 4th Leg.

Would be nice to have one of those shoots as a forth leg but if not I think a three leg crown would be fine. Was like that for years and was fine. Kinda puts the triple back on Triple Crown. IMO,

Would be nice to have one of those shoots as a forth leg but if not I think a three leg crown would be fine. Was like that for years and was fine. Kinda puts the triple back on Triple Crown. IMO,

I agree and like the idea of just three legs.

Gotta attend each event and zero dropped scores.

That way each club benefits the same from those that participate/compete.

Official times aren't set but they should be confirmed soon. Right now it looks like this:

The 1st Leg will be hosted by Usery Mountain Archers (Mesa, AZ) in late February.

The 2nd Leg will be hosted by Desert Archers (Texas Canyon - Dragoon, AZ) in late March.

The 3rd Leg will be hosted by Apache Bowhunters (Globe, AZ) in late April.

Right now there is no official 4th leg although there has been some talk (maybe just wishful thinking) about adding the Clint's Well or the Father's Day Mormon Lake shoot as a 4th Leg.

From Northern Arizona

Usery = 3 hours

Dragoon = 5.5 hours

Globe = 4 hours

I like the format of the four shoots especially for us that have to travel so far. If I can't or don't want to drive the 5.5 - 6 hour drive to Dragoon, I still have the opportunity to stay alive in the Triple Crown.

It's not a matter of the three clubs that are running it so far not wanting a 4th leg. They have tried to get one up there. It's that the guys up north don't seem to want to do it. So if anyone knows the guys up North let them know you would like to have them do a 4th leg.