CouesWhitetail

Jennifer Martin Commission Nomination

After reading Martin's resume, I was left speechless at all of the important jobs she has had, the upward mobility she has demonstrated and the increasing degree of management and supervision each entry shows. NOT!!!. She has barely graduated college, had a few summer jobs saving a few birds and some prairie dogs and now she gets not only the nod from the Gov but the backing of NRA? Something is amiss here.

Last night I got an automated phone message from NRA asking that I support Martin. I waited for my chance to let them know how I felt about it but it hung up when I pushed #2 for more info. Can't believe NRA would spend that kind of time, money and effort unless they were VERY interested in how this turned out. Guess we just need to get to snooping around and find out why.

Before the NRA got themselves involved, 6 out of the 7 senators on the Natural Resources committee were against this nomination. Some strange backscratching and other more devious shenanigans going on here no doubt. What a shame, we now have exactly one commissioner Joe Melton that is a friend of sportsmen and the wildlife of this state, two that are absolutely pitifully pathetic in Golightly and McLean, one that just started this summer (Hernbrode) and now Martin. You watch and see where this commission takes the G & F Dept., we are in for a rough, rough ride IMO. Why the NRA which has done exactly nothing for wildlife of this state decided to change their support from a known and valued entity in Nancy Lewis and forced this nomination down our throat with their strongarm tactics and backdoor deals is beyond me. I'm PISSED, and I think we're screwed.

well, hate to say i told ya so, buuuuuttt....... this broad ain't no stealth candidate, she's just what mr. napalitano ordered. an anti everything. we were screwed when this "dirt burm across a creek" got elected. to me, in doesn't matter if a commissioner is a friend of sportsmen or hunts or fishes or whatever, as long as it's someone who will force the azgfd to toe the line and use good scientific data to make their decisions. we haven't had that for years. this buncha puppets that have been on the commission for the past 10 or so years have been a literal joke. you couldn't find a backbone in all of em put together. look back 2 years at the uso fiasco. yeah, those friends of the sportsmen really did us proud. up till now, the commission has been nothing but political payback and country club backscratching. now we're gonna have a basicly adversarial, militant buncha creeps that are more worried about the lions and coyots having enough to eat than for hunters and anglers to be able to pursue their passion. more worried about how many california condors we can get to eat out of the garbage cans at the grand canyon. how many wolf/dog crosses we can release and claim them to be wild animals, etc. how they can protect the coati mundis, cuz their cute, and at the same time let the turkey population slowly die. don't know what it's gonna take to fix things, but the first thing that has to happen is napalitano has gotta go. and i don't see the republicans coming up with a candidate that i even like, much less feel like supporting. and what's gonna be even worse is when ol' spray on tan shroufe finally reitires. can't wait to see what kinda director this commission will come up with. the hunters and anglers of Arizona have got to get involved in whatever party has a chance to unseat napalitano and get a candidate that shines. we have enough votes to swing this election. Lark.