Buck Smasher

How Do You Pull Your Bow Back In Blind: TIPS?

Smaller Bow and/or Bigger Blind

Help or tips is greatly appreciated! :)

see pinned post above in this section.

james

mis read this question... thought it was a question on setting up the blind.... ;)

I have no problem pulling my bow back when I'm sitting on a stool or chair it's the shooting form that throws me off. sometimes you'll get weird angles or have to lean out a bit.

james

now that I am on my Laptop :)

Another one is turn down your bows poundage just a little bit, Where you can hold the bow up and pull straight back with out having to move the bow much if at all this will also let you shoot in a smaller area...Remember speed doesn't kill accuracy does I pull 50lbs and have harvested/killed many animals from deer in Texas to Musk Ox in Nunavut Canada and Deer in Ohio and Elk and Mulie in AZ plus quite a few other exotic animals in Texas

The tightest area are the tree stands in Ohio and being able to pull straight back with out any extra movement

One of my biggest pet peeve with some blinds is how short the windows are...Ameristeps when they first came out were the worst if I sat up comfortable I could only see the ground about 2 feet out from the window

now that I am on my Laptop :)

Another one is turn down your bows poundage just a little bit, Where you can hold the bow up and pull straight back with out having to move the bow much if at all this will also let you shoot in a smaller area...Remember speed doesn't kill accuracy does I pull 50lbs and have harvested/killed many animals from deer in Texas to Musk Ox in Nunavut Canada and Deer in Ohio and Elk and Mulie in AZ plus quite a few other exotic animals in Texas

The tightest area are the tree stands in Ohio and being able to pull straight back with out any extra movement

One of my biggest pet peeve with some blinds is how short the windows are...Ameristeps when they first came out were the worst if I sat up comfortable I could only see the ground about 2 feet out from the window

I completely agree with the poudage! Accuracy kills not speed. My bow is 53 pounds and will only go to 60. I am working my way up but what a lot of hunters do not realize is that when you sitting freezing that 60 pound pull feels like 90 hahaha. I am so excited about this year. Thank you for your advice!

Yep... Heck just sitting for hours at a time cold or not any discomfort can change a bunch on your ability to pull your bow

And the one shot that people do not practice the most at is that first "cold" shot..Shoot once see how well you do

r one practice what you will hunt at...to many practice at one weight and then turn up the poundage right before this is actually not a good thing...When you are dialed in and hitting comfortable and can hold a drawn bow for 30 seconds and still hit the kill zone ..then you are hunting with more confidence and better odds at being more successful when your chance comes

Practice bundled up looking like the Michelin man

Yep... Heck just sitting for hours at a time cold or not any discomfort can change a bunch on your ability to pull your bow

And the one shot that people do not practice the most at is that first "cold" shot..Shoot once see how well you do

r one practice what you will hunt at...to many practice at one weight and then turn up the poundage right before this is actually not a good thing...When you are dialed in and hitting comfortable and can hold a drawn bow for 30 seconds and still hit the kill zone ..then you are hunting with more confidence and better odds at being more successful when your chance comes

Practice bundled up looking like the Michelin man

Sounds good! I have been sitting in a chair practicing at home. I am also holding every draw I do back for 10 seconds at a time building that strenght and durance up.

Also practice your targets at different angles slightly up and down close to the ground close to obstacles like bushes have a branch near you ...

Real close I found my 30 yd pin worked pretty good at 10 yds I use 3 pins 20 30 and 40 and split the pins for half distances..I personally found to many pins to be harder to deal with..but that is me you have to find what is the most comfortable for you

.and find your distance comfort zones 30 yds I am most comfortable at...I am ok with 40

PS the Michelin man works great when it is 110 outside

If you are planning on wearing a face mask practice with it on again this is always great to experience with it has just got through raining and it is 110 ...really wants to make you slap the person up side the head that coined the phrase "Arizona it's a dry heat":blink:<_<

Good Luck

How does the posi trac work on a 57' chevy? I don't know it just does!!!

There are clutch plates connected to the axles in the differential. When one axle spins faster than the other a cam action takes place that applies the clutches on the spinning axle transferring power to the other axle. The special lube that is used in posi traction is to lessen clutch chatter when you turn a corner.

A cheap way to make your own posi was to weld closed teeth on the side gears. Not perfect but useable. That is what I did. 1957 Chevy business coupe 292cu 340hp corvette eng, dual range hydramatic trans.

Wait this is a hunting web site. Sorry <_<

Also practice your targets at different angles slightly up and down close to the ground close to obstacles like bushes have a branch near you ...

Real close I found my 30 yd pin worked pretty good at 10 yds

I wish you would have told me that before i missed a coyote I called in on saturday! :lol:

12yds... shot low! what a blast when they come that close!

James