Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Pronghorns are thirsty!

It would sure be nice to use our tax money on saving the wildlife instead of the illegals. Isn't it funny how AZ caters to the felons that cross the border illegally. :angry:

Years ago, I was president of the Lander, Wyoming, One Shot Antelope Hunters Past Shooters Club and wanted an Arizona antelope conservation project for our Water for Wildlife Foundation. Because I thought water was what Sonoran antelope would need out in that dirty desert of the Cabeza Prieta I approached AGFD with a proposal to provide funds to build a water catchement.

Officials, however, were afraid developing new water sources would encourage coyotes. At the time no one had ever seen a Sonoran pronghorn drinking at any known water source. So, instead of water, we gave $10,000 as seed money for a research project to determine numbers and movement.

Until then no one had ever studied those endangered antelope!

Our money apparently embarassed the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service and others because research projects have been under way ever since.

My point is those antelope have survived forever through dry and wet years. They apparently do better in dry years than coyotes do, and taking water to them may keep more coyotes alive -- ultimately resulting in fewer antelope. Kinda Catch 22.

Only God knows.

BillQ

Guest Ernesto C

In January U.S. biologists and Mexican Game and Fish captured a couple of pronghorns (Doe and a buck) from a place close to Sonoita and and brought them in to the U.S.

Not only the pronghorns will need water;all the other species will need it too. I'm sure they will survive but of course we can make it easier for them. Unfortunally some of us will only talk about it and some others will really take action and the rest will only complain..................there is so much to do but I wont complain my Lord,instead I will do what you like the most.......to pray and will pray for rain among some other things. God bless.

Ernesto C