Sign in to follow this  
Elkhunter1

Tag Soup-help

As I sit here doing my second favorite thing "reading posts," I realized I don't remember how to make tag soup. As you all can tell with the absence of a "successful" posting I did not tag out on archery deer this year, and now I have to make tag soup.

My new job as a contractor has put a strain on my home life as well as the hunting. Working 6 days a week, my wife doesn't seem to realize my time afield is more desirable as a stress reliever than the addiction see has seen in years past. Any insight as to how to convey this to the support person in my life? She doesn't hunt and can't understand my hunters mentality.

As I sit here doing my second favorite thing "reading posts," I realized I don't remember how to make tag soup. As you all can tell with the absence of a "successful" posting I did not tag out on archery deer this year, and now I have to make tag soup.

My new job as a contractor has put a strain on my home life as well as the hunting. Working 6 days a week, my wife doesn't seem to realize my time afield is more desirable as a stress reliever than the addiction see has seen in years past. Any insight as to how to convey this to the support person in my life? She doesn't hunt and can't understand my hunters mentality.

communication is the key.....

whether she understands is a different story.

My wife loves the outdoors and hunts a little but goes with quite often.

I think she does it more for time we can spend together.

that's why I love archery deer in AZ! alot of time can be spent afield if you plan ahead.

I still have tag soup on a regular basis though! HAHA! I am putting a better plan together for next year though! December hunt I have had 4 blown stalks and a couple dry days of wind blowing and seeing nadda!

That's the way it goes.

Fill pot with water and add tag, salt and pepper to taste and if you don't have duck stamps on your 2011 hunting license throw that in too for added flavor! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

James

I hear you Steve. I'm eating a big pot of tag soup this year too.

Agree that communication is the key and some of the hardest negotiation I've ever had to do. :D

Bradley

Yes communication is the key, but I don't know which key to use to get her to see what the "bug" does to us hunters, especially the archers. I have tried to get her to go with, she has only gone with to either get the cameras or to do some light scouting.