Sign in to follow this  
azcoues

closing forest service roads in gmu 5 and 6.

this past bull season in unit 6a i spoke to a game warden and he said that in the near future that 75% of forest service roads will be permanetly closed makin it a walk in basis hunt,and another thing he said that if you do harvest an animal and utilizing the roads that will be open,no more cross country driving to retrieve the animal all pack out.Does anyone know about this,if its true or not.

Guest akaspecials

this past bull season in unit 6a i spoke to a game warden and he said that in the near future that 75% of forest service roads will be permanetly closed makin it a walk in basis hunt,and another thing he said that if you do harvest an animal and utilizing the roads that will be open,no more cross country driving to retrieve the animal all pack out.Does anyone know about this,if its true or not.

I heard of something similar in 4a although not nearly as drastic as 75%. I'm all for the closures though and giving those elk more sanctuaries. We have enough roads...

Preparation for more wolf releases is my guess.

Just buy a wood cutting permit for 20$, then you can go offroad to cut your fire wood, oh and retrieve that elk you just shot while wood cutting...

i think sitgreaves national forest is doing that also. And new road numbers and maps