Sign in to follow this  
kevinhunt1

San Francisco River Hunt

Congratulations on your hunt Kevin. Sorry the area we were talking about didn't panout. But again congrats on a nice Ram!!!!!!!!

Awesome

Sounds liek a great hunt.

Have you already harvested a desert sheep?

I have. I was drawn for Desert BH in 2001. I know how lucky I am to have been drawn for both. In other threads on this forum, one sheep hunter, AZBULLHUNTER, stated " As a good friend told me before the hunt there is more to sheep hunting than just shooting a ram. He was right. As you all know sheep hunting is a privilege that should not be taken lightly. Very few people get to experience it. I have been fortunate to have done it twice." I have to echo his comments. What an awesome privelidge to get it once, much less twice. Such a majestic animal too. Not to mention all the great folks you get to meet because of being drawn, even right here on this forum. Congrats to AZbullhunter too, you got an awesome ram! I am willing to help anyone out there with sheep hunts too. What a great time.

Congrats on your great ram. I have been waiting to hear about your hunt. It is hard to believe that I have been blessed with two Az rams. There are so many hunters here in AZ who have not been lucky enough to draw one tag let alone two. I met a lot of people on my hunt and all were very helpful. I would encourage next years hunters to go there during deer season and talk to the deer hunters. I stopped many on the road and went into numerous camps and received lots of help.I had two people (Dave Manoos and members of the Corbell ranching family offer me the use of their horses or mules if I needed them. All the ranchers and cowboys were very helpful and friendly to boot. The residents of Safford,Clifton and Morenci were very as nice as they could be and I still keep in touch with some of them. It is a hunt I think about everyday and will treasure it the rest of my life

• Like 1

What a great story and great pictures ! Beautiful Ram Huge Congrats!!!!! Gives me faith that I too will capture that ever elusive Rocky Mountain Sheep tag in the near future!

I

Congrats on your great ram. I have been waiting to hear about your hunt. It is hard to believe that I have been blessed with two Az rams. There are so many hunters here in AZ who have not been lucky enough to draw one tag let alone two. I met a lot of people on my hunt and all were very helpful. I would encourage next years hunters to go there during deer season and talk to the deer hunters. I stopped many on the road and went into numerous camps and received lots of help.I had two people (Dave Manoos and members of the Corbell ranching family offer me the use of their horses or mules if I needed them. All the ranchers and cowboys were very helpful and friendly to boot. The residents of Safford,Clifton and Morenci were very as nice as they could be and I still keep in touch with some of them. It is a hunt I think about everyday and will treasure it the rest of my life

I appreciate the MANY "congrats" on this forum. Ya'all are great folks! And AZBULLHUNTER, you are right, talking to deer hunters pays off too, and the many great folks like the ranchers and cowboys are always very helpful, and while naming names and giving thanks I need to start with Bob Martinez from the Martinez ranch who also offered me their horses if needed and Pete Abeyta a cowboy from the Tim Haas ranch family who all offered assistance. Then the folks from this forum, Adam Clark, Deerhunter, AZLance, all very helpful!

• Like 1

Congratulations Kevin on a super nice ram! Wish I could have been there with you.