Sign in to follow this  
azusaf

javelina

Hey guys, I've been in arizona for a few years now. (Active duty military) I heard there were leftover tags for javelina and went and got one today for 34a. Pretty much just for something to do. I have never hunted them and was looking for tips and places to go in the unit. I am a little familiar with the unit but have only seen them once. I have hunted the unit for quail. Not trying to e-scout just looking for some help. Any advice would be appreciated

Hey guys, I've been in arizona for a few years now. (Active duty military) I heard there were leftover tags for javelina and went and got one today for 34a. Pretty much just for something to do. I have never hunted them and was looking for tips and places to go in the unit. I am a little familiar with the unit but have only seen them once. I have hunted the unit for quail. Not trying to e-scout just looking for some help. Any advice would be appreciated

Saw a nice heard off the Emperita exit, by the rail road tracks. In the washes that run under the tracks. Saw more sign than pigs. Better bring a 4 wheel drive.

Good luck.

Just a heads up. Take a buddy when u go. Brother was down that way last year and thier camp was ransacked by what they think were "coyotes"... Followed truck tracks for a ways but never caught up with them. Lost some good gear. Times have changed along border now days. Be careful.

Only been in 34a for pig 1/2 day helping a buddy. Hunted the west side of the unit....only had 1 herd but couldn't pick em up again. I'm sure the east side has em too. Glass open hillside in the early am. And look for fresh digs around plants ...they should be somewhere close by.

I was on the south, north, and northwest side of the Santa Ritas a few weeks ago and glassed pigs everywhere I went. Some high,I was in the desert kind of country, some in the lower draws. The key was GLASS.

If you are referring to Empirita rd and I10 out by Benson you need to look at the regs. That exit is in unit 34BBBBB not 34A. The border for those units is Hwy 83 with 34A to the west and 34B to the east.

Saw a nice heard off the Emperita exit, by the rail road tracks. In the washes that run under the tracks. Saw more sign than pigs. Better bring a 4 wheel drive.

Good luck.

There are pigs in the Silver Bells area but they are tough to find due to the houses and mining activity. We had that area 2 years ago and saw pigs right before opening day but never found them after that. We think as soon as they were jumped in the morning they headed for the residential areas.