neb

Huachuca Mountains road closures 150+ miles!

www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_project_exp.php?project=36560

The Forest Service has proposed closing 150+ miles of roads in the Huachuca Mountains Coronado National Forest. The comment period goes into February and the closures are planned for early 2013. Most closures south of the Huachucas to the border (Unit 35A) are roads that have been present for decades and are used by hunters and Border Patrol extensively. I would encourage anyone with an interest to review and comment on this plan. Absent a dramatic response from those concerned with these closures it will happen. I have been hunting this area since the mid seventies and have seen dramatic closures of access on both sides of the Huachucas from Wilderness designation; Arizona trail closure and administrative blockages by the Forest Service. I would strongly encourage opposition to these proposed closures.

Thanks,

Nathan Beneze

www.fs.fed.us/nepa/nepa_project_exp.php?project=36560

The Forest Service has proposed closing 150+ miles of roads in the Huachuca Mountains Coronado National Forest. The comment period goes into February and the closures are planned for early 2013. Most closures south of the Huachucas to the border (Unit 35A) are roads that have been present for decades and are used by hunters and Border Patrol extensively. I would encourage anyone with an interest to review and comment on this plan. Absent a dramatic response from those concerned with these closures it will happen. I have been hunting this area since the mid seventies and have seen dramatic closures of access on both sides of the Huachucas from Wilderness designation; Arizona trail closure and administrative blockages by the Forest Service. I would strongly encourage opposition to these proposed closures.

Thanks,

Nathan Beneze

I thought I would send a follow up note after my contacts with the Border Patrol today.

I called the Border Patrol today and struggled through 3 underlings to get to the “Public Information Officer” (at 520-748-3000) at the District Office of the Tucson District to ask about the BP input and policy/advisement on the proposed Forest service road closures in the Huachucas and access issues for the ranch road. You’d think I was calling to ask if the were seeing Martians....... the P.I.O. said “ I don’t know anything about proposed road closures or the Forest Service plan” and “This is the first I’ve heard about this plan” and several times referred me to the Forest Service for any questions. I left my number with her and asked if she could check on this issue and get back to me.

None of the people I talked to would or could give any info at all. The thought that the Border Patrol would not be intimately involved in the closures of 150 miles of roads within 20-30 miles of the Border is mind boggling to me. Maybe I just hit an isolated pocket of unawareness, but of the 4 people I spoke to , none would comment or acted like they knew anything about the proposed road closures.

Nathan Beneze

call ICE,DHS,CBP,CIA,FBI, NFS, ATF, DEA, FDA, Dept of Agriculture and you will get the same response. IDIOTS is what they are. I have worked with all of them and 95% of them are PUPPETS. and the obamanites are IDIOTS too. this administration has changed the names of all of the border related agencies to different names and new definitions as to what their mission is. that it is a joke. they think closing roads is gonna help, nope, Blue coats will still guide julio across the mountains and deserts. Too many libs in this country. This administration wants to see the sh$t that Europe has experinced with youth and free loaders wanting everything for free. I am telling you we need to wake up and VOTE. I have worked with ICE,DHS 5% are willing to work but management wont let them, they sit aroung the office for 2 hours deciding where to eat lunch, go to lunch around 11:oo get back around 2:00 and talk about how they cant work a case because federal law says they cant. that is a typical day for an ice agent in Phoenix. Oh I forgot, they have to have ther'er starbucks coffee in the morning as well. And God forbid they assist the local task force that they are assigned to because they have to go to the bar on friday night or go eat suhshi with the rest of the yuppie federal employees.

They already do it on Mt. Graham. Its supposedly for "public safety" due to snow and icey roads and other bs, yet they close it here before it even snows alot of times. Just an excuse cause they dont want people on the mountain. Its may be for a different reason then the Huachucas buty its still a closure. Always gotta love the "where doing it for your own good" crap the government feeds people. Whats worse is how many people buy it. :angry: