Sign in to follow this  
couescrazy31

need help on scope

I just bought the Remington 700 Sendero sfII in 300 RUM. I want a long range rifle., I have 900 dollars left and don't know what scope to buy?

http://www.cameralan....pl?page=521450

Get the demo w/target turrets and you will be good to go. I have two demo ($850.00) scopes in the conquest line love them. There was now way I would have known they were demo models if I hadn't ordered them that way.

Great scope and great support.

that's a great scope scoutm recommended...i literally spent weeks deciding on which scope to get within the same budget... I went with the Leupold with the 30mm tube only because it had more MOA adjustment.... really like the Zeiss tho.

that's a great scope scoutm recommended...i literally spent weeks deciding on which scope to get within the same budget... I went with the Leupold with the 30mm tube only because it had more MOA adjustment.... really like the Zeiss tho.

the 30mm tube would be nice to get that extra MOA adjustments of the two zeiss that I have the 4.5-14x44 required a 20moa rail to get out past 600 yards. x50 scope is good well past 600 yards. Can't go wrong with either of these scopes.

Get a vortex viper and spend the rest on a new trigger. The viper is just as good as the zeiss conquest or leupold scopes and half the price. Just an option. I have a sendero with the vortex scope and i love it. The only thing i dont like is the trigger.

hate to disagree with ya, but I looked at all side by side.. yes all are great scopes!!. But I found significant differences on 20x power between the Vortex and Leupold and Zeiss, there was clearly a difference in clarity and brightness on 20x, it just wasn't there with the Vortex... i was so disappointed because I had my mind set on the PST 6-24x50 as it had a 30 mm tube with all the sweet features.. really wanted to look at the Razor, but it would have been out of my price range anyways. if you would have told me this last year I would have went with the Vortex...that was until this year when right at dark I found a really really good buck and could see him in my binos (swaros) and it was very hard to see in my scope which at the time was a Bushnell Elite 4200... so when I looked at all three ( Vortex, Zeiss and Leupold) at high power close to dark.... my mind was made up on the Leupold (but the Zeiss was just as bright)

When you start to stretch it beyond 400yds you really need to understand the science of long range shooting. And anything from 800yds to 1000yds and beyond you REALLY need to understand. You need to find a load that is consistant in velocity to begin with. You want to choose a bullet with a high B.C. Your going to want a heavier bullet, when you look at ballistics and energy at long range you will see why. You need to research ballistic programs and understand how to work, what they do, and how to use one. There are so many factors that effect your bullet when you get to longer ranges. Reading wind down range alone is a skill in itself. If your gun turns out to be capable of the longer shots then down the road you may want to look at NightForce optics. In my opinion they are the best. Good luck with your new project, that caliber when set up right can be a great long range weapon.

+1 on the NightForce. I have shot over 400 rounds through my Edge and it has held POI with no adjustments needed.