Sign in to follow this  
andrewprentice15

turkeys talking?

Brian,

we have the same hunt late april. let me know if you dont locate any birds and i will try and help. where are you planing on camping, we will be camping alittle north of bear canyon lake. if you get up there stop in and say Hi. i drive a white chevy 4X4.

Clint

cgmartin_76@yahoo.com

Talked to my dad yesterday and he said he'd seen a flock of turkeys from the highway with a tom in full strut. Can't wait till the end of the month!

Ron

Clint,

Not sure where we are going to camp. Had the September Elk hunt up there and saw alot of turkey but very few elk, so I imagine that this time we will go up and find lots of elk and no turkey. I will definitely keep you in mind if we end up in that neck of the woods. I should be in a Dark Gray Quad Cab Chevy 4X4. We should be up on the 6th to start looking for good sign.

Brian

I have been hitting every tank I can find in my shed hunts/turkey scouting trips. . . . haven't seen or heard a single bird. :D

I finally got a 6A tag. . . . don't know where to go. . .

Got a new vest, and 4 calls, been practicing and watching new turkey videos. . . . no birds to hunt!

"I'd like to buy a clue please"

I was in 6a last weekend and had 7 jacks,gobbles come in and do a little dancing.man it was cool. you need to be out 1 1/2 hour before day light checking draws for gobbling.after the 1st few hours they are following there hens not making much noise tell evening.

Well i for one will be embarking in a couple of weeks on my first turkey hunt in Arizona. I got a tag on Camp Navajo in Bellemont. I have hunted Rio Grande's in Texas (and no Lark i wasnt sitting a feeder) and have killed several good gobblers. Lets just hope i can manage to find a bird here in Az.